Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Winterizing a Dress Part Two

Many moons ago I said that I would write a Part Two about Winterizing a dress.  Well that was October, and this is March, so I might be a tad bit late on that post. However, I will give it to you now since you were so patient. (I know that spring is right around the corner, but there are still cold days, so you can get some practice in before the warm weather hits. )

1. So one of the main things I look for in a dress to "winterize", is that it looks okay with leggings. If the dress looks ridiculous with leggings, then skip said dress because it is wasting our time. (Just pretend that I'm standing in your closet with you).

2. Is the dress a good length for boots or should you really look into going with another option? (AKA booties, flats, heels). If the night is dark and full of terrors, then I'd suggest the boots. (Any Game of Thrones lovers out there??) 

3. Cardigans and blazers work wonders by warming up an outfit. Do you have one in you closet that will work with you dress? Yes? Good. Now you are almost finished.

4. Does your outfit still not feel finished? Let's try on a belt then. Sometimes big thick belts look good, and sometimes skinny belts look nice. It just depends on the style of the dress. Take my dress in this post for example. I added a "tribal"-eqse belt to this teal leopard dress. A skinny feminine belt was too small against the crazy print of the dress, but a big belt was too much against the leopard. 

You have my permission to go buy multiple belts so that you won't run into a situation that you don't have the perfect belt for an outfit.




Blazer: Target
Dress: Plato's Closet
Leggings: Target
Booties: Charlotte's Russe
Belt: Francesca's Collections 
Earrings: Francesca's Collections 
Cami Top: Express



Here is a photo of my mom. She found this dress at Dress Barn, but she wasn't sure what to do with it. I showed her how a belt, tights, and boots could take this dress from okay to "cat-calls" worthy. Sometimes, it really is just that simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment