Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Winterizing a Dress

I love "shopping" in my own closet. I also love taking a piece of clothing and wearing in a way that I've never thought of before. The outfit that I'm wearing in this post is a perfect example of re-mixing my clothes. I've only worn this dress during the spring/summer, usually with my blue flats. I am in love with this dress, but it has always been a bit on the short side for me, and I'm not fan of flashing my bum to the world. 

A majority of my pants were in the wash, (or desperately needed to be) so I started looking through my dresses. It was not a nice day/night, and  I was about to have one of those, "I don't have anything to wear" moments when I came across this little number. I haven't worn this dress in a while, so I figured, why not see how it pairs with leggings, boots, and a sweater? 

I think turning summer dresses into winter outfits might be my new thing. :)




The back of this dress is what caught my attention in the store. I'm a sucker for open backs and lace!



It's hard to see from a far, but this dress is speckled with blue. Luckily I had a few light blue accessories to add. 

Black Sweater: Khol's
Dress: Francesca's Collections (at least a year old)
Belt: Francesca's Collections (at least a year old)
Leggings: Target (old)
Boots: Khol's 
Bag: Coach (gifted to me last year for Christmas by the man)
Earrings: Francesca's Collections 
Ring: Maryland Renaissance Festival   
Necklace: gifted so I'm not really sure 

No comments:

Post a Comment