Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fighting crime

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this lavender cardigan at the latest clothing swap. I had been wanting this exact color for some time, but I really haven't been shopping (for myself) lately. (Online doesn't count, lol). Since I started going to these clothing swaps, I don't have the want to go shopping as much as I use to. Since I've been able to come home with a load of "new" clothes, I've been having fun styling these items instead of focusing on what is in the stores. Now, that being said, I do like looking at the catalogs that I receive either via e-mail or snail mail. Hence a recent post about Dress Barn and their new spring line. 

This is the outfit that I wore over the weekend when my cousin and I went to the Crime and Punishment museum in D.C. While we had a blast at the museum, we were not there nearly long enough to really see everything. We also did a "lab", which I highly recommend! We had planned on being there for a while, but were limited to 4 hours because of the stinking metro. I understand that it is easier to do the work on the rail system on the weekends instead of during the work week (aka rush hour). But I'm not really cool with it taking us 3 hours to get from point A to point B, including bus transfers. I guess it was an "experience", and it was good bonding time with my cousin. I would rather have spent that time in the museum. :) Okay now my non fashion rant is finished!

I wish that I owned a dark purple cardigan, but I am happy that I had this lavender cardigan to work with!






Cardigan: Clothing swap
Tank: Express
Pants: Old Navy
Boots: Express
Necklace: Express
Earrings: Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment