Friday, December 14, 2012

Utter Tragedy


My heart goes out not only to the families affected by the shooting in Connecticut today, but to all parents. I do not have children, but I can only imagine how it feels to be a parent at this moment.

I want to thank all of the teachers and staff who were at the school during the shooting. There is one picture that continues to be shown on the news of a teachers leading students out of the school, in a line. The amount of control that she shows in the photo is unbelievable as you know that she is scared out of her mind, yet she continues to do her job by leading her charges to safety.

I was able to watch President Obama give his speech about this tragedy, and it brought tears to my eyes to see him have to stop to compose himself. Throughout the rest of his speech, you could see tears in his eyes. I cannot imagine how hard it was to give that speech, not only as the President of the United States, but also as a father. No matter what your political affiliations are, it is good to have a President that truly cares about this loss, and is dedicated to helping the victims families.

Please give you children, young siblings, and friend's children extra hugs and kisses tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment