Monday, December 17, 2012

Work Christmas Party

The man's work Christmas party was this past weekend, and we had a great time as usual. I always try my best to have us ooze the Christmas spirit when we go to this party. I had another outfit planned for the event, but I decided that it just wasn't festive enough. I was hoping that the man would wear a green tie to match my dress, but he really wanted to wear red. Oh well, we still screamed Christmas. :)

Please excuse the craziness of the pictures as they were taken with an iPhone and the lighting was not great. There was a photographer running around taking photos, but I don't have any of those photos now, so you get these instead. :)




Notice all of the Poinsettias is the background? Well the house is filled with them, and they are gifts for us to take home after the party. 


Waiting for the elevator. 


I love this purse! It was a gift from my wonderful friend for being in her bridal party this past fall. 


The hotel room shot. The man's boss always gets hotel rooms for the employees who want them so that no one has to drink and drive. He also rents a shuttle for us, to and from the hotel and party.


This was from when I was trying to decide on what dress to get for the party. I realized that I didn't have a good shot of the "fun side" of the dress, so I had to show a picture of the dressing room. 



FAKE EYELASHES!! This year I decided to be silly and wear fake eyelashes. Now I should have trimmed them down so that they would look semi-real, but I decided not to. I decided that the extreme length of these lashes needed to be worn in full. They were extremely easy to apply, and just as easy to take off. I used my tweezers to help me place them perfectly.

This pair cost me...................$1. Yup. $1 for reusable fake eyelashes. They are from the ELF make-up line at Target. Heck, for $1, you could buy multiple pairs and never re-use them. 

My dress came from  JcPenny, my shoes from Payless, and my tights are from Target. ($8 from Target, recent, and they have so many colors).

My jewelry is all "old", as in I didn't buy any of it for this party. My rings are the rings that I always wear, my earrings are my diamond studs that the man gave me for Christmas a few years ago, and my necklace is the diamond circle that I wear occasionally. 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment