Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dress Up

Sometimes I like to play dress up. (Who doesn't?) The outfit that I'm wearing here is not a shirt and a skirt, but rather a dress and lace top. I've had this dress for a few years, but I've never thought to wear it as anything other than a little black dress with a colored belt. I saw this idea on a couple of fashion blogs, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. I'm still looking for a little black dress that is longer, but for now this will do. 


I simply tucked the lace top under my belt, and made a shirt and skirt. This particular dress has a cow neck, so I pulled it out around the shirt and made a collar our of it. 


The dress is from Plato's Closet. 
Shirt: Target (summer 2012)
Necklace: Francesca's Collection 
Belt: Francesca's Collection
Green ring: from a vendor at the Urbanna Oyster Festival a few years ago
Silver ring: Renaissance Festival (Sept 2012) 

Who doesn't love the vendors at festivals?! I also am obsessed with Plato's Closet (if you haven't noticed by the fact that half of my clothes come from there).


No comments:

Post a Comment