Monday, January 28, 2013

Green Sweater Dress

I'm not sure what the temperature is like at your house, but it was COLD here over the weekend. Even though the weather was less than stellar, I was dead set on wearing a dress on Sunday. Every outfit I was picking out in my closet was a dress, but I kept putting them back because it was too cold. Then I spotted this sweater dress nicely folded up on my closet shelf....and I knew what I was going to wear. I have to be honest, I have never worn this outfit before. I bought it a few years ago, but I have never found an appropriate time to wear it. The dress itself is a heavy material, so I felt like the parts that it covered would always stay extremely warm, while my arms and legs would freeze. 

Then I learned about putting leggings underneath a dress for the winter, and this outfit appeared. I had originally paired my tall dark brown boots with the outfit for added warmth, but then I figured that since most of my day would either be spent indoors or in a car, I could swap out my boots for my booties since they matched my belt. 

I also had never unbuttoned the necklace of this dress, which felt like it really "opened up" the dress. (I didn't feel as stifled in the dress anymore.) 

I'm not sure how else I will style this outfit, but I plan on trying to figure that out in the near future. Maybe I'll try adding a long-sleeve shirt under the dress, or maybe try adding a vest with it. Only time will tell...





Sweater Dress: Dress Barn
Leggings: Express
Booties: Charlotte Russe
Belt: Francesca's Collections
Necklace: Francesca's Collections
Earrings: Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment