Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snow Leopard Dress

Happy New Year! 

This outfit was not what I wore on NYE, but the outfit that I did done was very similar to yesterday's post, so I felt that I should post another outfit instead. The outfit in today's post is from a date night with the man. I almost wore this dress to the man's work Christmas party, but it just didn't have a "Christmas feel".





Dress: Express (on sale, may still be in stores)
Leggings: Target
Boots: JcPenny
Gold Feather Bracelet: Francesca's Collections
Earrings: Francesca's Collections
Nails: OPI Jade is the New Black
Rings: Silpada and vendor from the Maryland Renaissance Festival
Necklace: I think it either came from Express or Target, but I cannot remember 
Belt: It came with a sweater 


I've been thinking about what I want from life in this coming year. I want to try to be the best person that I can be, and to get the most out of life. 

Some of the resolutions are the same as years before, and some are new to me this year. I won't go into detail with them all, but I have decided to share a few on my blog with you today.

1. Learn something new everyday. Know this one has actually been something that I have tried to do since the summer after my freshman year in college. The way that I will be adding to this resolution compared to years past is that I plan on writing down what I learn everyday. The world has so much to offer, it is a crime to not even attempt to learn about it everyday.

2. Read a minimum of 25 books for the year. Now this is actually a decrease in the number that I've had in the past two years. My old job required that I be physically at the work place, but many a day I would have two to three hours to kill where I had absolutely nothing to do. I use to read at least two books a week with that kind of time, but now since I switch jobs, I no longer have that amount of time to read. 

3. No Soft Drinks. Okay, this has been a resolution since my freshman year of college. Last year I changed it a bit and allowed myself to drink sodas as a mixer in drinks, but I'm not going to do that this year. I have found that I don't crave sodas and have learned how harmful they are to the human body. When you dive into the facts about sodas, you realize that they are just not worth it to consume. However I will admit that occasionally it is hard to have a strict "no soda rule". One of my old jobs in college was working at a catering company. They had a soda machine for the worker's to use whenever they wanted, but the machine did not have a water button on it. The water that they gave the customers was always in plastic water bottles, so we could not drink them because it cost too much for the employees to drink them. The only way that you could drink water was from the sink that you washed dishes in, which was not always clean. I usually would just end up drinking unsweetened tea or would just bring my own water from home. 

Now this is not my entire list of resolutions, but I thought that it was a good list to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment